Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy 4th!

Hey everyone, we hope you had a great 4th of July!

Our last few days have been spent walking around the stalls at the nearby lake and looking at the myriad of doodads they sell.  A lot of it is *pretty* junky, but I did find a cute jewelry set that I'm looking forward to wearing to church on Sunday and Eric bought some sea salt rub for BBQing. He found a table top electric BBQ grill, which will be great for the RV, and has cooked chicken the past 2 days using the hickory rub he bought.  Wow, is it good!  Hubby's got skills.

I met my weight goal a week ago today...WOOHOO!!!!!  And now I'm working on staying within that little 5lb window, but we did indulge on some of the food during the Go Fourth event.  Who can say no to a Pioneer Burger made by the local Lions Club?  Apparently not me, because on Friday I had 2!  (Not at the same time.)  With working out every day and eating right the rest of the time it didn't make a big impact on my weight.  After all, 4th of July only rolls around once a year, right?  Those burgers are amazing and ...dare I say it?  Maybe even better than a Double Double from In n Out.  Yes, I said it.

If you are interested in reading more about my weight loss and my current maintenance goals you can visit my other blog HERE.  And here's a scary before and after photo.  No more yo-yo dieting for this lady! Two words:  Size 8.  OK, one more word:  FITBIT. My tool for success.

Yesterday I taught Relief Society at church, something I enjoy doing and only get to do a couple of times a year now as a member of the presidency.  My topic was Loving Ourselves as God Loves Us, something I feel very strongly about, especially as I've been doing a lot of self-analysis these past few months with my weight loss journey.  As I explained yesterday during my lesson, I don't think I was being as kind to myself as I thought, which was clearly exhibited in some of my previous habits.

So, what's on the horizon?  

Finally, finally, we've made some plans to take our RV out.  Between the weather and Eric's schedule, the poor thing has been pretty neglected.  That's about to change.

And I've made my plans for Utah next month.  I'm heading back to Education Week 2014 on the BYU campus for another year in a row.  No doggie companion this year and my mom has opted not to go, but I'll still have a fun time with our friend, Darla, in Orem, and enjoying the huge variety of classes offered on campus.  Ticket is bought, hotel plans are made, and I've even checked into local gyms where I can work out in the mornings.  I'm excited!

The weather is beautiful, we've got camping plans, and Utah plans, and Eric has most of the month off from work.  Things are good!



1 comment:

MOM said...

It's a new beginning! Maintenance is a whole 'nother project. I know you'll do great...sounds like you already have it in hand.