Saturday, November 1, 2014

Another Busy Halloween! (5 Years of Tallies)

As you may know, we live in a neighborhood that gets a lot of trick-or-treaters.  A LOT.

Last night we celebrated our 5th Halloween in this house...more than I had in my CA house (because I was down with the H1N1 in 2009 and just hid and suffered that night.)

Final tally last night? 651 kids. Which is amazing, considering that the trick-or-treating seemed to start extra late (except for the 2 early birds at 4:30.)

We followed the tradition of going to our neighbors' house across the street, where they serve yummy soups and appetizers. At the clocked ticked on, it was time to run back home and pass out those 1125 pieces of candy.  It's tough to ration when we start as slow as we did last night, though.  After an hour we only had 150 kids and a ton of candy.  Not to worry.  It really picked up.

I did some digging and found the tallies for our other years in this house:

2010:  526
2011:  680(!!)
2012:  565
2013:  649
2014:  651

Of course this is not an exact science and sometimes I get a little off on my counting when I am distracted by the costumes and the throngs of kids, but it's pretty close.

And next year? Eric is scheduled to work graveyard (no Halloween pun intended.) So I'll either hang out longer at our neighbors' house or hide downstairs in the family room and watch a movie.  Trust me, this amount of trick-or-treaters is not something you want to take on alone if you can help it. Plus we'll save about $100 on candy for one year.

Next up...Thanksgiving.  Halloween decor is down, Thanksgiving decor is up. And Christmas music was playing at Macy's today, which I'm not quite ready for yet!

No comments: