Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Day at the Temple

Click on the photo to enlarge to full screen.
Today at the Portland Temple, running a bit early, I circled around the building and took several pictures.  It is a beautiful edifice and wonderful subject.

Sun peeking through the trees is a favorite nuance of mine, so I immediately gravitated towards this photo when I saw them all on the computer screen hours later. After driving 60 miles through a persistent drizzle, the celestial orb finally made its appearance around 10am. I felt a quiet confirmation that I was spending my day as I should. Laundry and other housework could wait. When you go to the temple you are doing the Lord's work--much more important.

The sunshine generously continued during the drive home and a brisk afternoon walk. Dinner with my sweet husband was the perfect conclusion. I will say farewell to this day feeling blessed.




No comments: