Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another Year in Room 30!

Finally, finally!

Today I found out that I will be teaching 4th grade next year. Fine with me, I've done it twice before. The really great thing, though, is that I get to stay in my classroom--which I love--for a 4th year. Amazingly, despite the fact that I'm finishing up my 12th year of teaching, I have never been able to stay in a classroom for more than three years. And it is more than the classroom, it is almost like I'm finally starting to edge my way up the seniority ladder a bit.

Ten more days left of school now, and knowing what I'm going to teach next year is one more thing to check off the end-of-year To Do List. Now I can start thinking ahead to packing up my room soon and knowing what needs to go into closets and what needs to be stacked by the door, mainly all the 5th grade things that will go to another teacher. I'll be inheriting the 4th grade materials from someone else.

I'm tired, but nothing compared to last year, which was one of my toughest years ever because of some severe discipline problems I had. It just feels good to know that this year has been relatively smooth and that it is winding down.

And, I was musical again on the KSolo site through MySpace. Singing is such a great release for me. Click on the name titles to get whisked to the site for a listen. :-)

THE SUMMER WIND (Michael Buble's version)

DOWN ON THE CORNER

2 comments:

Karen said...

That must be nice to stay in the same classroom! Too bad we don't live closer. Jordan has to have community service hours for his middle school each year, and you could put him to work taking down your classroom! =)

Kristie said...

That is too bad! But taking it down is easy. Putting it together in August is the part that takes a lot of work!!