Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Celebrating Womanhood...

I just finished my lesson for Relief Society this Sunday.  I simply love teaching the sisters at church.  And I'm constantly amazed at how much I learn as their teacher.  It is a calling that I take very seriously and I begin preparing way ahead of time because I owe it to them to give them a well thought out lesson.

As I sighed a big sigh of relief--Whew! I'm done!--I was also a thinking about how much I love the fact that the LDS church is constantly celebrating womanhood.  I just love that, because I love being a woman and all that it means--a daughter, a sister, a cousin and, especially, a wife.

The other day I was going through some videos for the youth and came across this short one called Deep Beauty, based on a talk by Elaine S. Dalton.  I wish I could've shown this to my little girls in my classroom.  I saw what they were up against in a world that is constantly distorting the definition of beauty, making them think that being immodest and dressing beyond their years is the way to be attractive and gain a sense of self-worth.

This short video truly shows what real beauty is.  How lucky I feel to be married to someone who values these qualities in a woman:

2 comments:

Tricia said...

This one left me in tears last night. How I hope for that kind of beauty some day.

Kristie said...

Hope for? Trish, you're a shining example of it!