Then, it dawned on me while playing Drawsome with my mom on the iPad...Chocolate Lust...my favorite childhood dessert. I messaged her for the recipe. And here it is.
You need a 9x13 pan.
Preheat the oven to 350 while you make this mixture:
- 1 stick of margarine or butter (I used real butter)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped walnuts or pecans (I used walnuts)
- Mix together with a spoon and pat into the bottom of the 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees and let cool.
It does not turn color after the 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, as the crust is baking, work on this mixture:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups of Cool Whip (Buy 2 eight ounce containers, you will the leftovers later)
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- Beat together.
I have a big kitchen mixer, but I like using a hand mixer for this recipe.
Pour this mixture on top of the crust and let sit for 5 minutes while you make the pudding mixture:
- 2 four oz. packages of chocolate pudding (you can also use banana or any flavor you like)
- 3 cups of milk
- Beat until thick
While the pudding is setting, I like to beat the remaining Cool Whip in its own container to make it easier to spread.
Spread the remaining Cool Whip.
Yummy! Now you're done.
It is best to make it a few hours before you plan to enjoy it so that it can set and chill in a fridge. Mine is doing that as I write this. I can't wait to try it out tonight!
It is also a great summer dessert because it is cool and light.
Now for the really fun part...cleaning up!
Anybody want to help?