Sunday, April 22, 2012

Last night's Celtic Woman concert...

After donating to our local PBS station 4 months ago, Eric and I had the pleasure of enjoying our "gift" last night at the Celtic Woman concert in Portland.  What a treat!  I've seen them twice before, at the outdoor Greek Theater in CA, but I was excited to see their new show and in a different kind of venue.  They performed at the Keller Auditorium, which is about the size of the Pantages in Los Angeles, and I think I actually liked the indoor venue better!

The stage was smaller than the Greek, and the show was scaled down a bit (no big orchestra or choir aside from about 8 musicians and a 6 person choir,) but it felt more intimate.  And the fact that we were in the 7th row center helped a lot.  (I'll admit I was a *tiny* bit bummed because the Keller seating chart showed that we were in the 3rd row, and then saw that 4 makeshift rows has been constructed in the very, very front.  Still--no complaints--we had amazing seats!)

We had a quiet day leading up until we left for the concert.  Eric is still fighting some sort of poison ivy and me with my bronchitis...not the ideal situation for going out, but we made the best of it and had a really great time.  It was a beautiful day, which lended itself to a beautiful drive down to Portland.  And of course, seeing my handsome husband all dressed up was an extra treat for me.

I had purposefully not listened to the accompanying CD for this Celtic Woman show very much so that everything would sound very new and fresh.  This is their Believe show. (They create different shows for every tour.)

Below is a video of the opening song, which leads into a gorgeous show.  What I love about Celtic Woman is that the entire show is about beauty...beautiful voices, songs, costumes, and sets.  It is quality entertainment at its best!  (It certainly makes the "music" you see at the Grammys seem less and less credible.)  The fact that Eric had a great time was the icing on the cake.  It was a wonderful night!  If you ever have a chance to see them in person, go do it.  100% family friendly, too.

No comments: