Monday, November 19, 2012

A Slice of Gratitude


Tis the season of Gratitude, my friends.  I have so much to be thankful for that the list is very long.  Here are a few things that are on my mind today:

I'm always grateful for my husband.  Today we finally got to spend some quality time together as he's had a lot of work obligations lately.  I love living life with him.  It truly is the little things that create special moments.  We went grocery shopping together and had a lunch date.  We talked and laughed and later I cooked him dinner.  I love him dearly.

I'm grateful for my mom and the relationship I have with her.  Last night we talked on the phone for nearly 3 hours. We talked about Life's ups and downs, family, the holidays, plans she has for her house, the future and the past.  Before we knew it, it was 10:15 and our phone batteries were weary from use.

I'm grateful for the friends I have made since moving to Washington 2 years ago.  This morning I spent time with two of them and the time flew, as it usually does.  Their love and support means so much to me.  I can hardly remember my life before they were a part of it.  I have met some amazing people here.

I'm grateful for our house.  I love our house and I love making it into a home.  The rain poured and the wind blew all day long.  It was terrible weather to be outside today.  Our house is sturdy, cozy, and soundly built.  To be within its four walls is to feel the true meaning of a personal sanctuary.

I am grateful for music, and the feelings it brings.  Lately I've been listening to a lot of Celtic music and classical music.  Mozart is my favorite.  There is a sense of order to his melodies that gives me focus.  The Celtic music is wistful and creates a feeling of lovely longing.

As I said, this is a small list, people and things I've been in direct contact with these last couple of days.  I am determined to think about these and other things I am thankful for as the holiday season approaches. It is part of my effort not to become distracted by the temporal and unimportant.

What are you grateful for?  Ponder that as you listen to the beautiful song below.

No comments: