Saturday, February 7, 2009

Scaling Some Musical Everests...

Have I mentioned today how ecstatic I am to have my laptop back? I don't think I have...

What a difference.

So, I don't know if it the enthusiasm from having my laptop back, or knowing that this is a 3-day weekend, or reconnecting with a few of my best friends from childhood all in one week, but I gained the confidence to attempt to record some extremely difficult songs.

Last night I stayed up until 2:30am: singing, emailing, writing, chatting with friends online, uploading pictures...doing all of the things that I've been denied for the past 2 weeks while my computer was in the hospital.

But I have really made up for lost time in the singing department. Since last night I've recorded 15 songs! Only 2 are videos--which is fine with me. I think I sing better when I'm not making a video. But of those 15, 4 of them are special triumphs, because they are songs I've tried in the past and could not do. 1 Celine Dion song, 2 Michael Bolton songs, and 1 by Kelly Clarkson.

So here they are. Click on the titles to hear them. I think I'm most proud of A Moment Like This, by Kelly Clarkson. I don't know where I got the breath to survive these, but it happened!

A MOMENT LIKE THIS

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO LIVE WITHOUT YOU?


WHEN I'M BACK ON MY FEET AGAIN


IT'S ALL COMING BACK TO ME NOW



No comments: