Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm on top of the world...

Why?

Because my classroom's ceiling is fixed. The maintenance guys were working on it this morning before school even began. I was so worried that we would be forced out of the classroom for a few days because you just never know how long it will take to get things fixed.

I did have to take my kids to another classroom for about half an hour. It is an empty classroom, so there were no materials, not enough desks, and just a few storybooks. I read them one and a half books and then it was time to go back to our own room. It was so nice to be back among our own things! I had new appreciation!

And, along that theme, here are 3 songs that I recorded this afternoon on MySpace Karaoke, including The Carpenters' Top of the World. I used to sing that song when I was a little kid. It is a special part of my childhood.

Click the song titles to listen, and thanks for listening!

TOP OF THE WORLD

ALWAYS

THE SONG REMEMBERS WHEN


All very different styles of songs! I'm often in a singing mood on Monday afternoons. Not sure why...

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love "Top of the World!" That makes me think of my childhood, too. My parents had the big ABBA LP album, and I would put it on the record player and dance around the family room. =)