Monday, September 14, 2009

R.I.P Patrick Swayze...how sad...


Today it was announced that Patrick Swayze lost his year-long battle with pancreatic cancer. I'm so bummed about this. He was such a good, decent person, no scandals, and married for 34 years to his childhood sweetheart.

Watching Dirty Dancing or Ghost you just fall in love with the guy...

There are lots of pictures of him swirling around the internet of the way he looked in his last days, but I don't want to remember him like that. To children of the 80's like me he'll always be Johnny Castle, originator of the famous line, "Nobody puts Baby in a corner..."



Rest in Peace, Patrick.

3 comments:

Sally said...

I used to watch Dirty Dancing all the time. I didn't know that about being married for so long to his childhood sweetheart. How refreshing in a Hollywood personality!

Kristie said...

He was a good guy. Tonight over dinner I showed Dirty Dancing to my mom, who had never seen it before. She was into it! Everyone loves Johnny Castle!

Karen said...

I hadn't seen any news yet today and didn't know he'd passed away until I saw your blog. How sad! He always seemed like a good guy.