Saturday, November 7, 2009

Nine days later...

So here is the update on my illness. It's lasted for days and days and days.

On Thursday I went to the doctor, and after an interminable 3 hours at the office, I still don't know anything conclusive. It MIGHT be the H1N1. It MIGHT be pneumonia, because my breathing is raspy and I have a cough that I haven't been able to shake.

The doctor wanted to have a chest xray taken and I was supposed to call yesterday to get the results. I called and the doctor hasn't called me back. The whole doctor experience has been kind of frustrating because of the constant delay.

As far as work, I've missed 6 days just because of this illness, but I know that there was no way I could've gone. My job requires so much and it is nonstop all day. You just have to be 100%. I'll go back on Monday and I know I won't be 100% by then, but I'll be much better than last week. Plus, we get Wednesday off for Veteran's Day.

It's been a very slow recovery.

This morning I woke up and, even though I've still fighting this cough, I was determined to get up and out and enjoy this beautiful day. The weather is so gorgeous right now! I got half of my report cards done and ran a few errands. Next on the agenda is to walk around the block and check out the Christmas boutique at the church around the corner. They usually have cute things.

Christmas boutique? Yes, it is that time of year. I can't believe it. Yesterday I stopped at the mall for a quick bit and Macy's has their Christmas decorations up. On TV I saw the first ad with a Christmas theme. Incredible.

So that's what's been going on. I just hope to hear from the doctor soon, because if I am supposed to be on antibiotics, I want to get started...

2 comments:

Karen said...

My blog didn't update for some reason, so I didn't realize you'd updated yours. I can't believe you've been sick this whole time! That sounds miserable! Here's hoping you get some antibiotics! (Of course, that would require your doctor to be responsive, so let's hope for that, too!) =)

Tricia said...

I'm hoping this is an old post (based on the date). I would hate to think you'd been sick this long, too! Hope things are good for Thanksgiving- have a Happy one, Slistie!