Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Eve Readiness...or not so ready

The presents are purchased and wrapped, the holiday food is bought, the Christmas linens are out. The names are updated on the place cards, the poppers are bought, the napkins are folded. 

What a busy week!

Today I was in high anxiety mode, where it feels like the universe is against you moving efficiently and you're not sure why. So most of my tasks were done at the end of the day. Leftovers for dinner turned into a burger for Eric and leftover salmon and salad for me.  After dinner I was still in a weird, caffeinated frenzy, even though I wasn't caffeinated.

I knew I had to go back out "there." At this time of year, "there" is anywhere that isn't home, where the crowds are driving to the same places and descending on the same sections of the stores.  I had one more grocery trip to make.

Go after dinner? Or go tomorrow (the Saturday before Christmas...?)

Command decision. Go after dinner. I told myself I didn't want to be gone more than 45 minutes and I made it!

The goal? No more grocery trips until after Christmas. And no more spending!

Can I make it?

No comments: