Monday, December 30, 2013

Realistic Resolutions...

It hardly seems possible that 2014 is only 2 days away.  I look at the hat above and it reminds me of the leftover party favors from the parties my grandparents would host at their house on New Year's Eve.  They would often give a few favors to my brother and me and take us to Victory Park in Pasadena to look at the Rose Parade floats.  We did that several times.

The last few years I've either gone to the parade or watched it at home, but not so much now that I'm living in the Pacific Northwest. Although my hubby did get to see the parade in person on 1/1/12.  We even visited the floats on New Year's Eve day.

And how about those resolutions?  Losing 50 lbs? Not eating chocolate?  I don't go for those types of resolutions so much.

What about being a little kinder?  Showing more compassion towards others?  Being more patient?  I know what I need to work on.

As you think about the new year and changes you want to make, I challenge you (and all of us) to make them realistic and stick with them.  Let's all do our part to make the world a little better in 2014.

Happy New Year to all.

1 comment:

MOM said...

Very nice. "Ser Bueno"...that is a short story my cousin Juan Jose Prado Viramontes wrote...he did a whole analysis of how to express improving ourselves and it all comes down to two words: Be Good...Good to your fellow human beings, animals, yourself, family, friends, neighbors, the planet, etc.