Sunday, May 25, 2008

All's well that works well...

Am I the only one who has a deep sense of satisfaction when all of the electronics in the house are functioning correctly? Probably not. With the exception of the Amish, we're all so dependent on them that they become more necessities than optional gadgets.

For me, I have to have my music organized. Since I rarely listen to the radio, my CD collection (about 300) and my few music downloads are essential. I need to have music around me all the time and different kinds depending on my mood, the time of day, etc.

It is thrilling to have so much more space on the new Zune. 80GB vs. 30GB. 30GB seemed like a lot when I bought Creative Zen Jukebox back in 2004, but now I'm running out of space, some of the buttons are beginning to really stick, and the player freezes and needs to be reset more and more often.

It is probably a good thing that the buying of the Zune and the laptop coincided. Everything's working well and very, very fast. Once I get all of my CD uploaded, I'm going to transfer everything to my external hard drive, so this will be the last time I have to go through this tedious process.

I set each player to the exact same song and took a picture. It is really cool to see the album art. I feel like I'm rediscovering some of my CDs, which is pretty awesome. For someone who is very anti-iPod like myself, the Zune is a great alternative. It is unbelievably simple to use. Now I just wish that some of these makers of speakers would make them compatible to other players besides just the iPods. In the meantime, I'm just using my "line in" connection and the sound is great.

Want to really add sound to this post? Click the player below. Elaine Paige--the 1st lady of the London stage. She rocks.
You can also click on the picture to see an enlarged version...


No comments: