Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Random Thoughts and Blackbirds...

Every morning on the way to work I listen to the radio. The station's schedule tells me if I am running late or early. They have a new feature called "Waking Up With The Beatles" at 7:30am, which is fine and dandy with me because I love The Beatles. (Who doesn't?) This morning they played one of my favorites, Blackbird. It was a nice way to spend a few minutes on the road.





At school my kids are having a tough week, and it is only Tuesday. One of them was really whining and complaining this morning and I had to get really firm with him, mostly because he is a kid that several others follow. I can't allow that.

After school we had a staff meeting. This is a difficult time of year, because as tired as the teachers are, there is still reorganizing the kids into their classes for next year, updating their files (an intense and tedious task that takes hours and hours,) 4th quarter report cards, and the tension of picking your grade for next year and wondering if you'll get your first choice. And let's not forget the stripping of the classroom down to the bare bones for summer.

Ah, the glamorous life of a teacher.

Thankfully, we have a 3-day weekend coming up and cooler weather on the horizon. My next-door neighbor at school, Ramona, assured me that my air conditioning problem from yesterday would probably correct itself. The A/C was just overworked (aren't we all?) It did and we didn't have to suffer in the heat today. Thank goodness.

I'm so trunky for summer to begin, I wish I could just jump in a time machine and let the year be done. If only...




No comments: