Saturday, May 17, 2008

First blog and my mind's on dogs--


This is my first entry on this site, so I'm experimenting a little bit. I wanted to include a photo and since I spent the morning at a dog training class I decided to include a photo of my 6 year-old dog, Bailey. We are, literally, trying to teach an old dog new tricks. The class is as much a training for the humans as for the dogs.

I've got dogs on the mind right now because, for the first time ever, my family is about to re-home a dog. No, definitely not Bailey. My mom's dog, however, who is a ball of unrestrained energy, is going to be re-homed today. Fortunately, she was able to find a really great website to help with the process. They screen the potential owners and do a house check. It has taken 3 meetings with different families, but the one who is finally taking my mom's dog home is a family we have a lot of confidence in. We have great emotional investments in our pets, so this is a bittersweet moment. They will be here in about an hour.

And, yes, my mom is my neighbor. I bought the house across the street from where I grew up. That's a WHOLE other story.

Aside from that, I'm excited because tonight we are going to the Greek Theater in LA to see the Celtic Woman group in concert. They put on a wonderful show. We've had the tickets since December and my mom gets to "cash in" on her Christmas present.

No comments: