Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Oops, I did it again...

When I went outside to bring in trashcans I realized that I did what I told myself I wasn't going to do, which is spend each blog entry talking about work. That isn't easy to do in my profession because you really bring the day home with you.

After bringing in the trashcans I went to my car to get some things I bought at Target, including a frame for my cousin, Robby's graduation picture. Talk about time flying, I remember when he was born. Actually, I remember that my brother, Jonathan, and I went to Disneyland with Robby's older sisters, Monica and Laura, and my Uncle Bill and we spent about 2 hours taking turns going on the Big Thunder Mountain roller coaster, which was brand new. At that age, a Disneyland trip is more important than a new baby.

I really have to give Robby some big kudos, though. Ever since he was a little kid he was determined that he would one day go to the US Air Force Academy. I know plenty of goal-oriented people, but I don't know anyone who made their goal so young and actually followed through with it.

Robby kept up his grades, played sports, became an Eagle Scout, and, despite not making it into the academy his freshman year, stayed strong and went through their prep school and then made it in. Upon graduation he had another glitch and was, at first, denied a pilot's commission. Fortunately, a waver came in from his superiors which allowed him to finally achieve the goal he had dreamed of for so long.

We're so proud of him!! Who would've thought that one day this little kid would grow up into this impressive young man? Congratulations, Robby!!

No comments: