Monday, August 11, 2008

As the dust settles...

Things are slowly getting back to normal, but normal has taken on a new look. My grandparents' house feels like a weird shell full of memories without them in it.

Yesterday my mom, aunt, cousin, and I divided up some of my grandma's jewelry. It felt strange and invasive, although we knew it was necessary.

Today I went over there again. I found the love letters that my grandparents wrote back and forth to each other throughout most of 1940. I also found a journal where my grandma would write her prayers. My eyes filled with tears whenever I saw my name--she would pray for all of her children and grandchildren.

Earlier today I went onto Photobucket and copied and saved several pictures that my uncle took on the day of the funeral. I want to upload them to my own album and give them captions. My favorites are of me and my 2 girl cousins, Monica and Laura:
And this great picture of most of the members of the family:
The ones who are missing are my brother and his family, who had already left when we took the picture. But what is really odd is not seeing my grandparents in it. I guess we'll have to get used to that. (Click on either picture to see the original size.)

No comments: