Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tita's Vigil

We are, at the moment, 50% completed with my grandma's services.

The vigil last night went really well and we had a full house in the chapel at the funeral home. They did a great job making my grandma look very attractive and like her former self. Everyone commented on how good she looked and there were pink flowers everywhere, as well as several extra arrangements that people sent.

My brother, Jonathan, was the "MC" and the program went off without a hitch. I hadn't sung in public in front of a large audience since 2000, but I think it went quite well.

Now I'm in a bit of a rush because we have to start thinking about the funeral part of today--which begins in 90 minutes.

The highlight of the printed program from last night was this beautiful sketch that my Uncle Ruben did. Click on the image to see a larger version:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful sketch x

Emma x