Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Plans Continue...

Today was fun and productive. Probably more fun.

My cousin, Monica, who is here from North Carolina, and I took my little cousin, Cassidy, on some errands. We bought some frames for my grandma's pictures, grabbed lunch at Boston Market, and went swimming at my grandparents' house. The house is still very much alive despite the missing occupants. My 2 aunts from out of town are staying there, as well as the 3 caregivers. We've been so lucky to have such great and trustworthy caregivers.

We're trying to enjoy the company of our out of town guests amidst all the funeral plans. Tomorrow 5 of us are going to go and get manicures together and Monica and I scored tickets to see WICKED on Tuesday night. 3rd time for me.

Last night I went and spent time with Monica, Laura, and Cassidy. We went to dinner at Appleby's, I showed them the DVD I put together for the vigil, then after Cassidy went to bed at 9pm the 3 of us sat in the kitchen at my aunt and uncle's house and chatted until 12:30am. It was a great time and none of us wanted it to end, but we were exhausted and Monica was still on east coast time.

I love being surrounded by so much family. Too bad the togetherness is the result of a sad event.

No comments: