Friday, August 22, 2008

Internet's Up, A/C's Down...

If it's not one thing, it's another, right?

This morning my A/C went out. Not good for summer in Southern CA. I called my A/C guy and he'll be here in the morning.

I spent the morning in my classroom and my helper and I got a lot done. Right now I'm at a bit of a standstill, waiting for a few textbooks, waiting for my class list, and waiting for the pacing calendars for Language Arts and Math.

Only about 2 hours was spent in my classroom and we did as much as we could with what we had. Then I took Altagracia, my helper, to lunch and we ran a couple of errands. When we got back to my hot house with no air conditioning, she went home and I stayed home and sweated.

The good news that my Internet is up and running again. Yay! That was fixed with a 10 minute phone call to AT&T. Apparently something needed to be reset. Fine. Whatever. I just care that it's running and didn't cost me the fee of a service call.

I look forward to being able to work on my laptop in a cool house, though. Isn't it sad how we become so dependent on these things?

No comments: