Thursday, September 11, 2008

A 9/11 Moment of Silence...

My Space Or Yours?.net


It seems like ages ago and recently all at the same time, but anyone can remember where they were when they heard about the tragedies that occurred on September 11, 2001.

I was working at my first school in Los Angeles, the school day had not started yet, and a co-worker came up to me and told me what had happened. It seemed surreal from the beginning, and no matter how many times you see the footage and hear a news commentary of those planes hitting the Twin Towers, it is hard to believe.

People like myself, who have never been to New York and have no relatives there, still felt like America rallied together after that horrible day. Yet there were some (Bush) who took advantage of our fear and used it to their own end.

Now, 7 years later, my students, who were 3 and 4 years old when 9/11 happened, categorize the event with other historical moments they neither saw nor remember.

But America will never forget. And it is our responsibility to make sure of that.

No comments: