Friday, September 19, 2008

Finally! A user-friendly site for greenies like me...

Before I get started, yes, I took the day off today.

Last night I just could not fall asleep. I took Bailey for a walk, I read, I put in a calm movie, I blogged, finally I took a sleeping pill. Nothing worked, not even the sleeping pill, which I pushed right through. It did nothing.

So then I started the inevitable..."If I fall asleep now I'll get 7 hours," "If I fall asleep now I'll get 6.5 hours..." And on and on and on...

When it was approaching midnight and my internal dialogue had hit "5 hours," I knew I'd better call in an absence to the school district. We are using a new online system--very cool--called AESOP. You can create your absence, pick a sub, and even attach lesson plans. I did all that and, go figure, then I was able to sleep. Still, my tired body got the amount of sleep it needed.

This morning I was on MySpace and I saw a bulletin from my friend, Sylvia, who was showing her new digital scrapbooking pages. Jealous much. I've been wanting to learn how to do this, put everything I've come across is too difficult for a newbie. But today I went to the site that she used and, lo and behold, I was finally able to do it!

The site is called scrapblog.com and it is SO easy! You can start off with a template and tweak it to your liking, or start with a blank page. I went with the template because this was my first time.

I started off with this:
And changed it to this:
Cool huh?

Another thing I like about this site is, like with Blogger, you can upload your pictures right from your computer instead of going through Photobucket or the like.

Embellishments, like flowers, ribbons, etc., are in a list to the left and you can drag them, resize them, and tilt them however you like.

So far, this is the best site I've seen for easy scrapbooking. Easy is good! Yay!

1 comment:

Karen said...

That sounds like a great site - I'll have to check it out. I love the new pic for your blog!