Thursday, January 26, 2012

Microwave Meatloaf Recipe

It is getting to be the end of the week and we're all looking to make life a little simpler, right? Well, just to prove that I really DO cook--a lot--I thought I would share a recipe. This is actually straight from a cookbook that came with my mom's very first microwave oven. (Yes, remember when microwaves cost $500? That's a while ago...)

I make this meatloaf for my husband a couple of times a month and it is a great, easy way to get dinner on the table:

Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1/2 cup of bread crumbs or wheat germ (I use the wheat germ, much easier)
1 egg beaten (I'm a rebel, I just toss it in unbeaten)
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup chopped onion (I use a whole very small onion so there are no onion leftovers)
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Ketchup

Instructions
1. Mix all of the ingredients, EXCEPT the ketchup, in a bowl. (I use my hands to mash everything up--take off your rings first. Trust me on this one.) Transfer mixture to a glass bowl with lid or a 2 qt. Corningware bowl with lid.)

2. Cook in the microwave on High for 15 minutes.

3. Remove and drizzle ketchup back and forth across the top.

4. Cook in the microwave on High for 5 more minutes.

Serve with tater tots, sweet potatoes, red potatoes, green beans or veggie of choice. Dip bites into ketchup for extra flavor.

A hit every time and easy cleanup. Yum!

No comments: