Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow Day

We've had snow mixed with rain on and off since Sunday, but last night was a whole different story. I woke up to see about 6 inches of snow across the land and a note from Eric in the kitchen saying "Sweetie, try to avoid driving today. It's icy out there."

Will do.

So, after tackling a kitchen job I've been wanting to do for ages (scrubbing down the stove,) I put on my boots, grabbed my camera, and walked 4 houses down to the lake to take pictures. There is no sun today, there are few cars or people out. It is very quiet outside. And slushy. And wet.

See what I'll go through for a few decent pictures?

3 comments:

Sally said...

Gorgeous pictures. But that statue looks FREEZING!

Karen said...

I'm surprised you didn't curl up with a good book! =)

Tricia said...

Eric's comment reminded me of our first week living in Washington- it had snowed a few inches and they shut down school (and everything else). I was rolling my eyes inside thinking what whimps everyone was and decided to go for a drive to check out the town (since we had just moved in. ) BAD IDEA. I slipped and slid all over the place and nearly rolled down a hill and into some trees. Needless to say, I headed straight back home and didn't go out again until the pavement was gritty. Good think I learned my lesson because snow meant the same thing in Virginia.
Enjoy the snow!!