Sunday, December 21, 2008

Finally joining the world...

What a "vacation!" I've been sick in bed with this nasty cold for 2 whole days. Yesterday I sneezed anytime I was out of bed. Today I wasn't sneezing, but very, very dragged out. Clearly, my body was sending the massage to rest. Of course, I probably would've rested anyway because all of the Christmas stuff is done, but the cold forced me to do it.

By this evening I was feeling a little better and really getting cabin fever. I hadn't been out of the house since Friday afternoon when I came home from work. I needed to get out for sanity's sake.

I was craving sushi--I'm always craving sushi--and a good hearty (but not heavy) meal, since I've eaten so badly the last 2 days. My mom and I went to our favorite sushi place, Zono, on Lake Avenue in Pasadena.

Then we noticed that the beautiful Macy's store was open. It has been closed for months for renovations. I needed to be around people and the store was open until midnight, so we went in. I also wanted to look for a dress for my cousin's upcoming wedding this Saturday. I wanted something wintery, modest but youthful, and not black.

This is a very nice Macy's, and their dress department had a lot of choices. But my favorite one on the hanger is also the favorite one on me. A teal shirtdress by Jones New York that fit me so well it is like it was made for me. I loved it.

I tried to find a picture of it online, but could only find the red one, which is still very nice. I love this dress! It reminds me of a style from the 1950's. Yay!



2 comments:

Sally said...

Good pick on the dress! Get well soon!

Kristie said...

Thanks! I'm on way to go and pick it up now. I forgot a coupon last night and it is on hold for me. And the cold is almost gone. Yay!