Saturday, December 20, 2008

Some Holiday Tunes and Other Things to Share...

I'm still trying to convince myself that I get 16 days off work. What a great feeling!

Last night I did some picking up in my neglected house and then settled back and watched 2 movies using my school's LCD projector. It is like having my own personal movie theater, which is great for "big" movies that are really meant to be seen on the big screen, like Phantom of the Opera, which I hadn't watched in a while. I felt it was appropriate since I just purchased some tickets to see it at the Pantages in February. I also watched Infamous, the movie about Truman Capote, which made a little less noise than Capote at the theaters, but is still very good. I find that story about the evolution of Capote's In Cold Blood extremely interesting.

This morning is turning out to be the morning of washing linens, and other things that are easily delayed when I'm working. Some Christmas tunes in the background have kept me going, and I wanted to share some of my favorites--most of which are not extremely well-known. Enjoy!











I really like Celine Dion's version of this famous John Lennon song:


And this one always makes me happy and want to do a jig. Merry Christmas to all! Beware--this one gets stuck in your head for hours...

No comments: