Thursday, July 2, 2009

Painting Progress...

The painters have been working diligently at my house for about a week now. One of the reasons why they do such a good job (they painted my mom's house 3 years ago) if because of the amount of prep work that they do. And that is all they have been doing this week: sanding, sanding, and more sanding.

Outside the little bay window in my bedroom you can see the layers and layers of paint that have been put on this house over the years, including a turquoise color several generations ago. After all, this house was built in the 1940's.

The hard part about having people working at your house is that it is difficult to be completely at ease. I'm not used to that, because my house is such a sanctuary to me. Still, it needs to be done and they do a great job of cleaning up at the end of each day. And each day begins at about 7:20am.

Today I took my 1999 Honda into the body shop so it will be fixed up for sale. $750 out of my own pocket--ugh. Two insurance claims running simultaneously--ugh. Although, I have to say, my insurance company has been really great. I'm just anxious to get the car sold. Not so anxious that I won't hold out for a fair price, mind you, but still anxious!

Other than that, it has been a quiet day. Quiet days are good. We like those.

AND, I ALMOST FORGOT: Today is the 4th anniversary of when I moved into my house in 2005. Wow. And I love it as much, if not, more, than the day I moved in. Hurray for being a homeowner! And hurray for having my job stay secure so that I could continue to be one...

No comments: