Thursday, November 6, 2008

Trip, Slip, and Fall...

What a klutz I was this morning...

I was walking quickly from my car to my classroom and my shoe caught on some uneven pavement outside of my classroom. Down I went--hard--right on both knees. My lunch box went flying, as well as things in it...some of the parents and kids who saw me were like, "Teacher, are you OK?"

The pain didn't happen right away. I went quickly into my room and then to the office. Our health clerk, Fernando, rolled up my pant legs--what a mess. The left knee was badly scraped and very purple. The right knee was nice and bloody. I ripped a hole in my right pant leg at the knee. Owwowow...

I have never, in all my career, left school early, but I did today. A sub was found to take my class and I hobbled to my car. When I first got to my classroom--half and hour after the bell rang--I began to think that I could hang in there for the day, but now my brain has caught up with my body and I feel like the wind got knocked out of me. My head hurts and I am suddenly very tired. I don't know, does trauma do that? I just know that I'm going to have to really take it easy today. Walking hurts, standing hurts, sitting hurts.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Ouch!!!

Kristie said...

And it wasn't even on purpose! hee hee...