Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Preparation...

Today is a busy day getting ready for the family to arrive tomorrow for our Thanksgiving dinner. It was a little weird not celebrating on the actual holiday--we've never done this before--but changing to Saturday insured that everyone can be there.

Luckily, this is the day my cleaning lady comes and helps out, so I don't have to do everything. We also do a potluck dinner, so I don't have to cook, just to prepare the house. That's my contribution--harder than it seems!

This morning I was up at the crack of dawn after falling asleep really early last night. I don't know why I'm surprised. I'm usually yawning by 7pm or so and asleep by 10:00 or 10:30.

After throwing the tablecloths and some curtains into the washer, I went to the car wash, then came home, weeded the yard a bit, ironed and replaced the curtains, and went about setting the two tables for our big meal tomorrow. 8 people at one table and 4 at another. That is a time-consuming process, but I don't mind. The weird thing was taking out the little place-cards from years past, seeing the ones that have my grandparents' names on them, and knowing that we won't be using them anymore.

And now I'm taking a break. Setting the tables and washing curtains were my big jobs for today. I also want to put up little white lights in the living room around the windows and doorways, but that is better to do when it gets a little darker. Right now I need a break!

And I still miss my Toshiba laptop desperately. This little Mac from school is very slow. Grumble, grumble...

Here's the progress so far:



1 comment:

Karen said...

Your tables look great! What a great hostess you are!!