Friday, January 23, 2009

TGIF!


What a difficult 2 weeks! There has been so much stress and negativity! I'm so glad that today is Friday.

Today I was feeling a lot better about my future thanks to a very helpful pep talk I received yesterday. I'm not going to go into detail about it, but suffice to say, I feel better and that's what counts.

We were on rainy day schedule for the 2nd day in a row. That's always tough. The teachers get hardly any breaks and our lunch is shortened by 15 minutes. I worked right through my lunch today.

I guess the discouraging part today was that my kids were writing original stories, which is always hard, and I was appalled by some of their subject matter. Again, I won't go into details, but it saddens me to think of what some of my students have been exposed to.

The good news, in my opinion--I've been listening to NPR all week (National Public Radio) and I'm just amazed at the positive steps our government is already taking in foreign relations, science (stem cell research,) and other issues. Granted, they are all sticky issues that get batted back and forth between the parties, but since I support our new president's ideas, I find them all to be good things.

These little rays of hope are important.

No comments: