Wednesday, July 2, 2008

3 years Over the Rainbow

Today is a special anniversary for me. It is the 3-year anniversary of when I moved into my house.

I LOVE my house. It was built in 1941, like the other houses on my street, and has a lot of charm that I haven't seen in newer homes. It is also really well-built, which is comforting. After living with my mom for 5 years saving, saving, saving and going to--literally--every open house I saw, who would've thought that the home that suited me best was just across the street from where I grew up?

Interestingly enough, I had never been in it until the owner let me see the inside for the first time. (Interesting because I had seen the inside of most of the houses on my street over the years.) I guess this was a case of saving the best for last. When I walked in the front door and saw the living room lead into the sunroom with those enormous windows I just knew that I was home. I've never seen any house with as much natural light and I love it. Every morning I wake up feeling grateful that I live in this magical little place.

So this morning I walked around my house and snapped a few pictures on this 3-year anniversary. To me, I'm as thrilled to live here as the day I moved in. One of the other great things that happened when I was preparing to move was that there was a stream of local estate, moving, and yard sales that had amazing items I was able to use. It was truly a blessed time. Can you tell which things were bought 2nd hand?

Living in my house is being over the rainbow for me.



I recorded this last night. I think it turned out pretty good!










No comments: