Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Nearly home...

Wow, what a day.

Right now I'm in a Best Western Hotel in El Paso, TX. This morning I drove with my Aunt Rosamaria from Chihuahua, Mexico to here. She wanted to leave at 7am (yikes) and we did, along with a very nice lady friend that she invited so that she wouldn't have to drive home alone.

I was supposed to stay in El Paso with my Aunt Marta, but we got our wires crossed. I arrived much earlier than anticipated and the phone number I had for her was wrong. When Rosie and her friend Coco checked into a hotel it was just too tempting. My own room...my own bed...my own bathroom. I couldn't pass it up. I finally did get a hold of Marta, but by then I had already checked into my room. It is probably a blessing in disguise, because she and my cousin, Veronica, both have very busy days tomorrow. I can get a shuttle to the airport from here.

At the moment I'm tired, happy, sad, and trying to figure out the best way to preserve the experience from these last few days. Another blog called Amayada 2008 is in the works. But mostly, I am deeply in awe. My family is amazing. Being with so many of them this last week has restored my faith in many things.

If you are a relative who just received an email from me and are visiting this page for the first time, welcome. This is my personal blog where I jot down this and that.

Now I need to fulfill my promise to myself and add to my journal of the trip...

Thanks for stopping by. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is just a sample comment since some of my cousins in Mexico said that they were having trouble leaving one...hmm...