Thursday, July 10, 2008

Surprise post!

Hi to my little handful of readers! No, I´m not home. I am at my aunt´s house in Chihuahua, Mexico, and she has a computer. My mom and I arrived in Chihuahua yesterday afternoon around 2pm and spent the night at my Aunt Rosie´s house. She is my grandma´s first cousin and lots of fun with a lovely house. Her house is also more on the modern side, which is convenient for us spoiled Americans...

Yesterday afternoon we went and had a wonderful seafood meal and then went and spent several hours visiting my Aunt Merce, my grandma´s sister. One of her 3 daughters was also there and it was great to see her too. I have the coolest aunts.

I was very tired when we got back to Rosie´s house and relaxed by adding 3 pages to my Mexico journal, which I will publish on a separate blog when I get back. Then I plugged myself into my Zune player for a while before falling into a very deep sleep.

We´ve moved slowly this morning and just had a late breakfast. Soon we´re going to go and visit my Uncle Fernie, who is my Aunt Merce´s son. He is suffering from severe emphysema after years of smoking and my mom wants to see her first cousin.

At 4pm today my Uncle Abelardo and Aunt Carmela are coming from Guerrero (our final destination) to go to the dentist and then drive my mom and I back with them. My Uncle Aberlardo is my grandma´s first cousin and owner of the family ranch, Casa Blanca, where the family reunion will take place on Saturday. Like last year, we´ll have a smaller gathering on Friday night for the early-birds and another on Sunday for the "hangers-on."

I'm trying to take out the little white laptop I brought and add a little to my journal each day. This will most likely be my last post until at least Monday or Tuesday, when I´ll be back in this house for one more night. There is a tiny computer place in Guerrero, but I don´t know if I´ll make it there...we have a lot of visiting ahead of us in these next few days.

It is great to be with family. They are so wonderful and loving and they welcome us with open arms and giant hugs and kisses. That kind of graciousness is a definite motivation to make this trip and I am, as I knew I would be, glad I decided to come.

I hope everyone reading this is having a good week and can have opportunities like this some day.

This Spanish keyboard is very different, so I´m going to stop here! I have to think harder than usual to type!

No comments: