Monday, July 21, 2008

What flavor of ice cream are you?

Answer: Neopolitan!

Yesterday I drove down to San Diego and spent the day with my cousin, Laura, and her daughter, Cassidy. We went swimming in the pool at their apartment complex for only 1 hour and last night when I arrived home my shoulders and back were all pink. Between pink shoulders, white where the swimsuit was, and very tan arms, I'm more multi-colored than I have ever been in recent memory.

Oh well, that's OK. It looks worse than it is, and we had fun chatting about the Twilight books, eating a greasy breakfast at Denny's, unpacking a couple of boxes, and swimming. On the 2 1/2-hour drive home I blasted the Hairspray soundtrack and some Richard Marx--good driving music. And, for the first time, Disneyland actually seemed close! Only 30 miles from home as opposed to the 275-mile round trip I drove yesterday.

Laura & Cassidy: Love ya! (I'll think of you every time I wince with pain as my sunburn heals! I might need to comfort myself with some sushi and a manicure...)

No comments: