Monday, October 20, 2008

Good on Me, Good on Them

Today was an extremely productive day in the classroom. I was nervous about this morning, because it was our first day teaming for ELD (English Language Development,) but it went OK. I didn't plan a lot because I figured it would take a while to get organized with the kids from other rooms, but it only took a few minutes.

And then, the angel that watches over all teachers gave me a little boost, and, on the spot, I came up with a lesson. ELD is more about listening and speaking than reading and writing, and my little activity gave the kids a chance to practice their speaking. When another group of teachers sent back some of my kids and I had 38 kids in the classroom for 20 minutes, they still did great. I was amazed.

The rest of the day was busy and fulfilling and the kids were their normal well-behaved Monday selves. Now I'm a "happy" tired--the best kind of tired to be.
That looks like my school laptop (the one hooked into the Smartboard,) which is old and in desperate need of replacing...and that cat looks like how I feel. Nighty night.

No comments: