Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Gray Western Day...

Lots to talk about today--3 posts, I know.

Through a turn of events, my weekend plans changed. I was supposed to drive down to San Diego last night, spend the night at my cousin's, and go to the Miramar air show with my aunt nd uncle. Instead, my cousin drove up to LA and this morning she, my little cousin Cassidy, my aunt, and a friend went to the "Western Days" parade in San Dimas.

Unlike Wednesday's unspeakably hot weather, today has been overcast and drizzly. Great Disneyland weather if I hadn't let my pass expire!

The parade was a cute, local, homespun thing with horses, some high school bands, old cars, dance groups, and some Boy Scouts. My favorites were the big draft horses, the sheriff that was riding a camel instead of a horse, and the 4 guys whose western dress resembled that of the Earp brothers and Doc Holliday in Tombstone (my favorite modern western.)
(Yes, they looked just like this. "I'm here, Huckleberry...")

After the parade we went to Denny's and had the kind of big, greasy breakfast that today's weather makes you crave.

The drive home was very rainy, and when I got to my house I took some pictures of my newly planted flowers in the backyard. I love my backyard.

I even got a couple of great shots of my dog, Bailey. (click on photos to see them *slightly* bigger...)

Weekends are always welcome, especially when they are relaxing, the weather is good, and you get to see some family.

1 comment:

emmsifoppicus said...

Indeedy! Aww - your garden is really lovely! And so is Bailey! Aw!