Thursday, October 16, 2008

Small World...

...yes, that is kind of how my world is these days...

Things on my mind? In a nutshell: my students, learning about my Smartboard, tomorrow's huge district-wide disaster drill, my nephew and the next time I get to see him, the election, and the approaching holidays...

That's pretty much it. I need to expand, don't I?

So, since this is the first full week with the Smartboard in the classroom, I'll show more pictures. The more I learn about it, the more it becomes useful. I like how durable it is. I don't feel like I have to worry too much about how hard the kids tap on it (within limits...)

I had a meeting with the emergency committee after school today, but before that, I had 45 minutes for any of the kids who desired to stay and spend some time with the board. 6 of them did and we had a fun time. Thanks to a board trainer who found my blog yesterday and showed me a site he has, we have discovered a virtual treasure trove of new activities. The kids who stayed had a wonderful time using it, learning, and stayed engaged: (click to see full-sized)
We found an activity where they had to match equivalent fractions. They were working against the clock, which they always like...


Another activity had them naming state capitals and finding states sandwiched between other states. They were running back and forth between the board and the map. It was a lot of fun just to watch them. I look forward to doing this one with the entire class, since this was after school...

1 comment:

emmsifoppicus said...

:) What a great invention!