Thursday, March 27, 2014

More Fitbit: A Sick Person's Dashboard



Ugh, being sick is so annoying!  And I'm rarely sick now that I am out of the classroom.

Above is yesterday's Dashboard by the end of the day.  Didn't reach my 2,329 calorie burn goal, didn't reach my 10,000 step goal, didn't reach my 5 mile distance goal.

Mostly I spent the day in bed sucking on cough drops and drinking herbal tea.  Eggs for breakfast and dinner, chicken soup for lunch.  Nothing really tasted good.

Why am I telling you this?  Because even when we are sick there are things we can still do.  I still aimed to drink my 64 ounces of water and to log my calories.  But the body has weird craving when we're sick.  On Tuesday I was extra hungry and went 200 calories over (it showed up in +0.8lb yesterday.) And yesterday I wasn't hungry at all (which showed up in -0.2lb today.)

Like I said, I am one of those people where every bite sticks to me.

There are no regrets about giving up yesterday as a healing day (that 2 hour nap in the middle of the day was awesome.)  And, even though I did go walking this morning (6,600 steps already by 9:15am) I plan to take it easy for the rest of the day.  My body is telling me to do this and I want to listen.

No comments: