Saturday, June 28, 2008

Disneyland: 6 fun-filled hours...

After about 10 years of having a Disneyland Premium Annual pass, I decided not to renew it when it expires on July 3rd. So, in an attempt to squeeze one last usage out of it, my friend, Bobby, and I went to the Magic Kingdom this morning.

He needed to leave the park at 2pm, but getting there really early actually worked in our favor. We were in the park and ready to go on rides at about 8:15am. The weather was overcast and a little chilly, but the park was close to empty. In 6 hours this is what we accomplished....
  • Indiana Jones ride (walked right on)
  • Pirates of the Caribbean (walked on)
  • Haunted Mansion (walked on)
  • Big Thunder Mountain (walked on)
  • Matterhorn roller coaster (maybe a 10-minute wait)
  • watched the Jedi Training Academy show in Tomorrowland (very cool!)
  • Space Mountain (always awesome--used a Fast Pass)
  • Lunch at the Blue Bayou (restaurant that opens into Pirates of the Caribbean)
  • The Jungle Cruise (5 minute wait--worst tour guide ever!)
  • Billy Hill and the Hillbillies show at the Golden Horseshoe Saloon (go Billy!)
  • Finished up with a Dole Pineapple Whip next to the Tiki Room (best dessert in the park IMHO...)
On a hot crowded day I don't think we could've achieved that much in twice the time! I would've liked to go on the Finding Nemo ride, which is a great attraction, but it is still so new that the lines are ridiculously long. Another time.

So here it is 4pm and I'm home from a great Disneyland trip. A great "swan song" for my pass! (hmm...should I renew it???)

Favorite ride of the day? It changes all the time. Usually I stick with the Haunted Mansion, which is always great, but today I think I enjoyed Space Mountain the best. And, in commemoration, I found this great virtual video of the experience:

No comments: