Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy 90th Birthday, Grandma!!

It's been a busy weekend! Yesterday we attended my cousin's graduation party and today we attended a surprise birthday party for my sweet grandma.

I feel very lucky that I still have both of my grandmas. My step-grandpa passed away in 2003 and my maternal grandpa passed on March 13th of this year. It is amazing how the years go by so fast.

I also feel lucky that I have lived near family my entire life--with the exception of my college years at BYU. It is so important to stay close, in my opinion.

Today's festivities were a lot of fun. A little more toned down than last night! There were about 30 people, a light catered lunch, and happy-colored decorations everywhere.

My grandma was very surprised, despite the fact that we had agreed not to yell out "Surprise!" Instead we started singing "Happy Birthday" and enjoyed watching her smiles and shock at seeing so many people there in her honor. My grandma is a sweet, sweet lady who started writing to me during my college years and we never stopped! We exchange about 2 letters a month (snail mail--the ol' fashioned way!)

She has never missed a birthday, graduation, recital, talent show, or any other important events. She also has a biting wit and hugs and smiles to spare. We had a great time and I love her very much!

No comments: