Tuesday, June 24, 2008

*Update* on the dog incident...

I called the owner of the dog who attacked Bailey and informed her that I was taking him to the vet tomorrow to be checked out. She told me that she surrendered her dog last night. He is being held at the local human society and the animal control officers were not informed at all by the police as why this dog was being given to them. They were treating him like a stray who would eventually be adopted out. That's scary...

The owner said that she is going to sign a consent to have him euthanized. Last night's episode was too severe to ignore. I feel bad that it has come to this, but relieved that that dog will not be able to hurt anything or anyone else. I'm grateful that she is being responsible about this (despite the fact that the dog has hurt and killed other animals and had no tags or license...)

Anyway, it seems to be over. I'll mail her the vet bill, which I hope will be small, after tomorrow's appointment. Bailey seems to be on the mend, which is all I care about now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, what a terrifying story. I'm sorry that happened. Im glad to hear Bailey's doing better.

Nighfala said...

Hi Kristie! I came over to check out your blog. I'm glad your dog seems to be okay. What a terrifying thing to happen! I also have a dog and fortunately, we've never had an incident like that in our neighborhood, but my 6 y/o son was attacked by a dog just this weekend when we were visiting my MIL. Fortunately, all the dog did was grab him by the seat of his pants and pull him down. She didn't even rip the pants, but it was a scary moment! I was told by my MIL that she was friendly, but it turned out she had puppies and was protecting the pups. (It wasn't MIL's dog but her landlord's.) The landlord was very apologetic and tied the dog up.

Anyway, I hope Bailey is fully recovered from his shock. Teddy (our dog) wishes him an internet "Woof!"

Christine