Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Last update on the dog drama...

I am SO ready to move on from this. It feels like it has been consuming my week. But I did get a chance to talk with the Akita's owner this afternoon to tell her what my vet said.

The dog's owner said that the 2 ladies who run the local humane society had discussed the dog's personality and record with her and agreed that, based on those things, they didn't feel comfortable adopting him out to someone else. My family has dealt with these animal control officers before and they are very sensible and really care about each animal they take in, so I have confidence that they didn't make this decision hastily...

...but...the dog was put down earlier today.

I'm conflicted, because 2 nights ago I seriously wished this fate on the dog, but now I hate that it had to come to this.

It is just a sad situation all around.

No comments: