Monday, June 23, 2008

Prayers for Russell...

This morning I plugged in my Zune player to listen to something while getting dressed. I decided to listen to the Russell Watson playlist I made several months ago.

There are 5 singers who are, in my opinion, the best--Russell Watson, Josh Groban, Michael Ball, Michael Buble', and Linda Eder. I've been able to see 3 out of 5 of them in concert and I'm very protective of them all because I want them to have long, healthy careers. So it has pained me to know that Russell Watson has been suffering for the past 2 years from aggressive brain tumors.

As I listened to the first song on my playlist, Always There, which is a tearjerker anyway, I wondered if there were any updates on how he is doing and went to his website. Happily, he is still recovering well, despite the fact that the tumors had to be removed by making incisions in his mouth. Ouch.

I'm thrilled he's doing better, even touring in the UK and putting out a new album in November. His voice is heavenly and I wish him the very best. Whether he sings or not, I just want him to be well.




This song brings tears to my eyes almost every time, it is so beautiful...

No comments: