Monday, June 30, 2008

A good day...

...is one that is fulfilling, productive, and relaxing...

At least, that is the formula when you're a teacher on summer vacation. Yesterday I was home way too much and I was getting "cabin fever."

Today was good-- a perfect blend of busy and relaxing. I got to watch my nephew, Alexander, for about 2 hours. We played and went for a 25-minute walk around the neighborhood. When my brother picked him up I took some curtains to the dry-cleaners. They price by the pound--is that new? I don't know. I so rarely go to a dry cleaners...

After lunch I did some marketing and replaced some of the dead or dying flowers/plants around the house. It is an inexpensive way to make the house look clean and fresh if you don't overdo it.

Then I went to the cemetery. There was someone very special I needed to visit who passed away 2 years ago today. For anyone reading this who knows who I'm talking about, I know--can you believe it has already been 2 years? I've missed him a lot these last couple of days.

When I came home Bailey and I went for a nice long walk while I listened to the last half of last week's Mugglecast. Great show! I was laughing while I was listening and walking. People must've thought I was nuts. When I got home I sat in the backyard and listened to the last few minutes where I could laugh without being judged. :-)

The day has flown! Lots of places to go and people to see! My kind of day.

No comments: