Monday, August 3, 2009

Bye, Bye Old Honda...

OK, well, not really. Right now I'm at the local car wash getting my '99 Honda all spiffed up for the final transaction tonight. The new owners are going to pay the balance of the cost, and I'm going to sign over the car's title to them.

I'm still amazed at how easy it was. The wife is so cute--she has been wanting a Honda CR-V for ages, since they first came out, and now she is finally going to get one. And interestingly enough, she prefers that older body style. Also amazing is how this couple, who saw the car on Saturday when I had it parked in a high-profile spot in the neighborhood, had no plans to haggle on the price. I had it priced halfway between the "excellent" and the "good" condition prices that the Kelly Blue Book site suggested, and they were totally OK with that.

They gave me a very decent down payment to let me know that they were serious, and tonight we seal the deal at a local restaurant parking lot. Speaking as someone who is currently experiencing the thrill of having a new car, I decided to have it waxed and to buy some new floor mats for it so the new owner can have that same thrill.

It's also the first time I've ever done a blog entry from my Blackberry.

Saying goodbye to my old car is going to be a little hard! There are so many memories associated with it. We've taken it on trips, moved furniture, and have had some passengers who are no longer with us, like my grandparents and Brad. That car has seen a lot.

I think the only thing that makes it easier to let it go is knowing how excited the new owner is to get it.

No comments: