Friday, August 14, 2009

Dahlin' you look mah-velous!

I get bored with the same blog background after a very short time, so it was time for a facelift (on the blog...not me!) I know that a lot of people who stop by here have blogs of their own, so let me tell you about the sites I use.

For backgrounds, my favorites are:

THE CUTEST BLOG ON THE BLOCK (the first "cute" background site I found when I started)

SHABBY BLOGS (currently being used...I find myself going to this site more and more...)

I have also had luck at:

DELIGHTFUL DOTS

SCRAPPIN' BLOGS

ONE CUTE BLOG (great backgrounds, but a lot are not made for widescreen monitors)

There are others, of course. The ones I listed often have links to others.

And those headers I make are all done at this COOL online scrapbooking site called SCRAPBLOG.COM.

Scrapblog is FREE and very, very user-friendly. You set up a free account (no personal info required) and can start creating using one of their templates or a blank sheet. Then you save it and publish it. I use the "print screen" feature on my keyboard to save it into a file on my laptop and then I resize it to the "web--large" size, otherwise it doesn't upload well.

Super easy. And very fun for the creative or "wants-to-be creative" person...

Some headers I've made:




If you have a blog and want to make a header, and need some help on Scrap Blog, let me know and I'll walk you through the process. You feel so great when they're all done!

2 comments:

Karen said...

My current blog background is from Delightful Dots, and I found that site because of you!

I'd love to make a header for our blog. I'll give it a try on my own, but you'll probably be hearing from me. =)

Kristie said...

Happy to help! Actually, if you have PhotoShop (I don't) you can also use it to make a header. My friend, Jennifer, one of my "peeps" listed on the right, did it easily with the blog she just started today. :-)