Sunday, August 2, 2009

MY HOUSE: Before & After...

Anyone who knows me knows that I love my house. Love it. It is across the street from my mom, it is on the street where I grew up, it's in a great neighborhood, and it fits me.

Decorating it has been a treat since I moved in. It was built in 1941, and I'm always trying to find ways to make it look welcoming and preserve its charm.

Each year there have been little improvements here and there...the first year I moved in and did the basic decorating on the inside, the second year I bought patio furniture, and the third year I added more flowers to the back yard. But this year was a biggie...the house got painted and got some brick work done in the front.

And now it is ALL DONE! 5 weeks of brick and/or painting, and, as of yesterday, it is all done. I'm thrilled with the way it turned out. How many differences do you see? :-) (click on the pictures to see them full-sized...)

BEFORE:
AFTER:
BEFORE:
AFTER:
BEFORE: (I know! Happy Halloween!)
AFTER:
My goal: to update the colors, to have cool colors, to clean up the roof, to have a dramatic accent color. I love it!

No comments: