Monday, August 10, 2009

A Productive Day in Another Way...

My goodness, yesterday went fast. It wasn't as sluggy-slug as I thought it would be, but it was still a quiet day mostly at home.

A little laundry, a little watering, a quick errand, and a little miracle with some big relief.

Some friendship mending took place, something I wasn't sure would ever happen. But it did, and this part of me that has been frozen in time for the past 5 weeks finally feels like it can start to heal. Awkward, yes. Regrettable, no. Baby steps, slowly but surely, but it's something. "Something" sure feels a lot better than nothing. Communication is an amazing thing.

I feel so much better.

And today I'm celebrating my friend, Bobby's, birthday with him by heading back to Disneyland this afternoon. Dinner reservations at the Blue Bayou, baby! That place is so cool, and I haven't been there in ages.

And now it feels like I'm celebrating 2 things, Bobby's birthday and the reconnection with a dear friend. Both very good things.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sounds like life is good. Have fun at Disneyland!!